Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you remember what mileage you were at when you first got the complete eco flower?:confused::confused:

i was at 2,500 miles when i manage a complete flower on the readout

·
Registered
622 Posts
I can't remember myself ... and on a separate yet similar note, while I first liked the idea of the playing the flower building game, it now seems pretty useless ... why did Honda design it thusly? you get your whole flower in the first couple thousand miles of the car's life and from that point forward (maybe a couple hundred thousand miles worth) it has zero value

·
Registered
943 Posts
Is there anybody that has actually managed to own an I2 for any significant length of time and not have a plant in full bloom?

To actually get the flower to drop some petals on public roads would be a significant achievement.

Maybe a track day might do the job.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is there anybody that has actually managed to own an I2 for any significant length of time and not have a plant in full bloom?

To actually get the flower to drop some petals on public roads would be a significant achievement.

Maybe a track day might do the job.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I have had the Insight since April and have yet to get one plant to full bloom. I have it at two pedals now, but can't get it to get the dot on top.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that is around the same mpg as i am getting on my '13
it does time time to grow the flowers
try to reset the MID and see if you can get the flowers to grow
see if that works

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The greatest reward that system can give you is that after the last trophy you don't get the flower blah anymore, unless you drive less ecofrumbly.
I'm glad to see no flowers when I stall the engine, but 3.4 l/100 km or such :)

Got the car at 2534 km with the first trophy just an inch away. Got the 3rd one at 7600 km or such. Even so, FE really started to rise after 10,000 km.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I thought so, but now I doubt if it is true. I've ignored it so completely that I might just overlook it. But I will have a look today.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
It does display a full bar with flowers on key off, so I must have been ignoring it all the time. It is always the same with my 36 km commutes at moderate speed.
It is shown at an awkward time, as usually you are preparing to leave the car when you turn the key to the off position :).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts