Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a salesman tell me today that the ECON Button will increase my MPG by 15 to 20 MPG's. He said that the new 2010 would get the 40 to 43 MPG's plus an extra 15 to 20 MPG's if I just pushed the ECO Button. He said it changed the power consumption. Can anyone fill me in on this and tell me how the ECON really works????? If this is all true then why is it not on the sticker???? Thanks in advance for everyones input here.... Bill

·
Registered
6 Posts
econ

The guy not correct. before doing some mpg upgrades my insight was averaging 42.9 mpg on normal driving conditions with the econ button pushed. The econ button just helps to keep you driving the most efficiently you can. It keeps the driver from accelerating hard and running the ac full blast etc. it will not " give you 15-20 mpg" it just helps to drive the most effeciently.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had a salesman tell me today that the ECON Button will increase my MPG by 15 to 20 MPG's. He said that the new 2010 would get the 40 to 43 MPG's plus an extra 15 to 20 MPG's if I just pushed the ECO Button. He said it changed the power consumption. Can anyone fill me in on this and tell me how the ECON really works????? If this is all true then why is it not on the sticker???? Thanks in advance for everyones input here.... Bill
he is correct. pushing econ will save you 1.5 to 2.0 MPGS. he just forgot the decimal place.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The guy not correct. before doing some mpg upgrades my insight was averaging 42.9 mpg on normal driving conditions with the econ button pushed. The econ button just helps to keep you driving the most efficiently you can. It keeps the driver from accelerating hard and running the ac full blast etc. it will not " give you 15-20 mpg" it just helps to drive the most effeciently.
Finally, someone with realistic mileage figures. I just filled my tank up for the first time and low and behold I actually got 41.8 mpg driving with the ECON botton on without any jack rabbit starts. Basically drove it like a Granny.
I will up the tire preasure to 40psi from 34psi and see if that will make a difference in gas mileage. Overall, I am getting the mileage that was advertised on the sticker so I am happy or at least content driving this rather bland car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They can be a little bland Indy but I have driven them since 01 and wouldnt own anything else. Thanks for your input everyone...... Bill in Texas

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
The biggest help is with the cc set. It induces an error of 10%, so it slows on hills and picks up on the back side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts