Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Insighters,

Thanks to Scott's help I was able to up isolate my herk and jerk issue to a bad EGR. I followed his recommendation and tried the Honda Accord 3. 0 EGR valve, this works well, however I found a better option...

The Aftermarket Honda Accord, standard Motor Evg658, has a smaller opening than the OEM insight EGR, however the Aftermarket Honda Odyssey 3. 6 V6 wells EGR4201 is almost the same size as the OEM and is only $70 on Amazon.

The standard motor EGR worked well however the Wells version is amazing. The car goes in and out of lean burn smoother and easier than ever before. I am able to maintain lean burn while breaking with the IMA C&C more easily.

The image below shows all three EGR valves. The aftermarket Odyssey valve is on the left, the OEM insight is in the middle, and the aftermarket Accord is on the right. As you can see the Honda Odyssey valve is a better match, the Accord valve was used for 3 days and as you can see there is a rectangular discolorfication around the elliptical event where the restriction occurs.

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2005 G1 NFR 5spd
291 Posts
That is very good information. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I did the Honda Odyssey egr

I had no comparison with a working non jerky insight but the Honda odyssey egr fixed the problem and it's relatively smooth even at low speeds in high gear so I am happy

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wondered if anyone could follow up on this. I've been reading on EGR valve repair/mod/drill a hole in the top/replacement for about 2 hours and am only more confused. The best info I seem to have found is that EGR valves from other Hondas/Acuras do better on our cars than the OEM Insight ones. But I've searched for the P/Ns in post #1 and can't find anything.

If anyone could clarify and provide a P/N and a link it would be awesome. I'm tuning up the car and trying to get rid of all the potential reasons for some subtle jerkiness...addressing the EGR at this time.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Someone mentioned about the WVE 4F1006 valve in another thread that also has a larger opening. I will be ordering this one soon.
I bought one a few months ago with the smaller opening (forgot which model it was listed for) and at first it worked great, but now the jerkiness is beginning to return. The smaller valve also gave me a small puttering issue in lean burn but didn't affect my mpg's. Someone else also reported similar results with the smaller valve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts