Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody on this list aware of what is involved with reprograming the electric assist?
I have found that it is nearly impossible to drive in town without engaging the IMA. This is very annoying, because it depleats the battery pack unnecessarily which then requires additional engine to recharge the pack when it might really be needed like a hill. It would seem that reprograming the IMA to kick in only as needed by the driver's demand via the throttle would be more efficient. I just got a new pack from the warrantee and unless I am on the highway, the driving normally will not maintain full charge. I generally only use the Insight on the highway anyway, but it still seems terribly inefficient especially since I rarely need to accelerate beyond the ability of the ICE.

Bouty

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hmm, it's been done, but we're no longer allowed to talk about it. :shock:

I'd guess though, that you'd kind of be talking about a manual integrated motor assist, or something of that sort, kind of like an IMA, but with another letter in the acronym. - Pat

PS - That behavior in the new pack is a "feature" that several of us have encountered.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
tubesguy said:
Hmm, it's been done, but we're no longer allowed to talk about it. :shock:
HUH :!: :?

Yes, MIMA is off topic. :( But it is not a "reprogram". AFAIK that hasn't been done and would be much more complex than MIMA.

FYI when MIMA issues come up simply redirect to the link:

Sticky: MIMA gets booted off IC
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=5237

cfrkeepr

Please continue any MIMA discussion as the links redirect.

If you desire to review MIMA's history here the term is searchable.

But it reads like your looking for something much simpler. See:

Disabling just assist?
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=5607

for one of several threads on the topic. IIRC there may be "problems" with the above in 04 and newer models. Probably input logic changes in the MCM/BCM and may also apply to older models (won't work) with updated IMA controllers.

HTH! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts