Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a DRL module that I am planning to install in my Insight. The following link displays the installation instructions for the module. (Sorry, it's kind of large for readability)

DRL Instructions

The question I have relates to the Final Wire Connection section. It talks about wrapping the green wire around a spark plug wire or hard wiring into the "oil pressure switch or a high point 12 volt source when the ignition is in the run position" to control when the lights are actually on.

I figure that if I use the spark plug wire method, the lights will shut off during auto-stop (correct?).

Can anyone with an electrical manual or knowledge point out a 12v source as described above?

Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
HI Sean, thats an easy one. Just take one of the empty terminals on your fuse box. Check with a test light which terminal has voltage with the key on the run position, make sure that it doesn't when the key is off. Good Luck

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I could do that, assuming I had a test light.

I was just hoping someone had been looking for something similar in the past and could point me to a better place to start!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts