Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My IMA battery light popped on about a week back and about two weeks before that, I started getting an intermittent electrical static sound through my speakers. They may be unrelated, but I wanted to check to see if my trouble shooting is on-track:

For the IMA Light (P1447 error code), I've ordered a grid charger/discharger and will be installing the harness this weekend. I have 3.5 year old bumblebee Maxima battery that has not been conditioned or grid charged since installation in January 2015. I'm wondering if an electrical or ground issue could have also set off the IMA battery code. Nonetheless, I need to do the maintenance on the battery, anyway.

Other elements I'm checking for electrical static:
1) Grounding straps - I can see one near the top of the engine just in front and below of the 12v battery has seen better days. Could a corroded or loose grounding strap (or more than one strap) cause the static sound?
2) Loose wiring of the sound system: I do have an aftermarket Alpine system and so it's possible something has gotten loose or perhaps a piece of metal is touching one of the connections to a speaker? I also noticed my sirius satellite connection is getting interrupted with more frequency (often a sign of a grounding issue).

Thoughts?
Thanks so much!

P.S. On my previous posts - the jerking/hesitation ended up being a leak in the transmission - fixed!

·
Linsight Designer
1,939 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took the Insight over to OneStop in Arlington, VA (small shop, but he uses the commercial battery reconditioning equipment from Hybrid Automotive). Looks like the ground straps are frayed and worn, but that the battery issue isn't just that it's out of balance - also a few modules have gone bad. Should have my Silver Insight back mid-week - in time to go to the Mid-Atlantic gathering in Frederick two weekends from now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts