Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had intermittent trouble with the dashboard over the past six months or so (random idiot lights go on for a while, then go off). All of a sudden, nothing seems to work right. All of the lights, the radio, and the climate control all blink rapidly. Then the dash goes dark and the power steering stops working, both when I step on the gas or the brake. When coasting, the lights go back on (blinking rapidly). When I accelerate or brake, I can hear a "click" under the passenger side of the dashboard. Is this an easy fix or is it finally time to park the car in greener pastures?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have had intermittent trouble with the dashboard over the past six months or so (random idiot lights go on for a while, then go off). All of a sudden, nothing seems to work right. All of the lights, the radio, and the climate control all blink rapidly. Then the dash goes dark and the power steering stops working, both when I step on the gas or the brake. When coasting, the lights go back on (blinking rapidly). When I accelerate or brake, I can hear a "click" under the passenger side of the dashboard. Is this an easy fix or is it finally time to park the car in greener pastures?
Have you checked your underhood ground cables? This is a very common source of a multitude of symptoms. Also, make sure your 12v is truly in sound condition.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys are amazing! I took it to the local mechanic. He showed me the frayed cable, barely held together by a couple strands. Total repair: $75. Everything works great, including the IMA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts