1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$6,800 one seat 3 wheeler. not a Hybrid, gets (only) 68 MPG:
https://www.eliomotors.com/

Bah! My Insight does better than that.

"We thought we had tomorrow all figured out. Then tomorrow changed its mind.
Gas today is at an all-time high. Space is becoming a smaller and smaller commodity. We’re being crowded off our roads and bumped and dinged out of our parking lots. And cars cost more than the average house did only a few decades ago.

Traditional personal transportation isn’t working like it used to. We need a new way of getting around.
That’s when a car enthusiast, a visionary, a man with a dream named Paul Elio, got an idea. A simple, brilliant idea. To create a vehicle for today’s generation of drivers that addressed their transportation needs and the world’s new realities.

The result is Elio.
Will it have the impact and influence the Model-T had on America and the world, and later, the Volkswagen Beetle (literally, the People’s Car)? Well, maybe, maybe not. But either way, it certainly wants to give the future a run for its money. And it certainly deserves a closer look.

So do that. Now." :rolleyes:

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My 13 year old Honda Insight gets better MPGs, and I can take a passenger with me, and I paid less than $6,800 for it.

ha!

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts
Isn't the Elio built for 2?
I like the looks, can't find info on the engine other than a 1L 3 cyl. Hope it is DI. Got a turbo on the bench just in case the "bug" hits me.

It will be built in the USA though, without Fed funds.

Willie

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
It is definitely a 2 seater (front and rear), but I dont think we can really compare it to the insight. The Elio is more like a covered 3 wheel motorcycle than a 2dr coupe like the insight. It doesnt seem very durable either, from watching the video, when the person opens the door, the window frame twists like its made of cardboard.

·
3,641 Posts
Their website states 84 mpg hwy and 49 mpg city.
5 speed or Auto trans.
A/c standard.
3 airbags.
"anticipated 5 star safety rating"
It's more than a 3 wheeled bike, and for a decent price.

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts
A male getting out and a female getting in the vehicle....Weird.
The three wheeled motorcycles are expensive.
I still like it.

Willie

·
Administrator
10,691 Posts
I bet with some re92's on the thing the mpg would be a whole lot better.

Box in the front wheels in aerodynamic covers and bobs your uncle 110mpg.

Add an electic motor and front aero part to the get rid of the grille and 150mpg beckons.

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts
Paint it red with speed stripes, add a turbo and you got a LRR Jr.!

Willie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts