Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I had to perform an emergency braking due to the stupidity of undertakers that try to squeeze into a too small gap... well I should not have jumped the brake as that would have meant the chance for an even newer Insight (my insurance pays for a younger car in case of a write-off)....
Anyway, I had to literally jump the brake and in the follow up the whole dash lit up. IMA, brakes, ECU, CVT ... litrerally everything but the servo steering. Even the OBD port was knocked out for a wlhile.
When OBD came back, the whole dash was still lit, but reading errors gave only network errors, no other subsequent errors.
After switching the engine and ECU off and on, all errors went except for IMA and one network error on the OBD. Restarting the engine was strange as it seemed to use the 12V starter and not the IMA.
Clearing the faults turned the car back to normal behavior, but now the plants are all gone. Strange.
It seemed like the spike caused by jumping the brakes and requesting max IMA recovery hit a soft spot and knocked out a lot of the higher brains of the car.

Strange.

Did somebody else has experienced similar behavior?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Even the OBD port was knocked out for a while.
Perhaps with a partial detachment of the device from the OBD-connector, it triggered the closure of several pins or there was multiple turn-on and turn-off of pins during shaking (ABS operation). And in part the settings have been reset. In the SM it is recommended to disconnect the devices from the diagnostic socket when the key is off (0).
Although, this is only my guess.:confused:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update on that issue.
I've kept the OBD II plugged in the port and even though it only consumes low mAh in idle mode, this was enough to discharge my ageing 12V battery. When ABS kicked in, the 12V collapsed before the DC/DC inverter could provide enough juice to bring the 12V back up - hence the christmas tree and the collapse of nearly every system of the car.
I might need a new 12V battery soon, methinks....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Corkonian
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing