Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Red MT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I bought a new antenna from OEM Part Source since mine is disintegrating and rusty and while browsing stumbled upon the Emergency Tire Cover - Honda (89332-SHJ-A00). The picture did not seem to match the description which is "Includes flashing red beacon light- LED flashlight- Magnetic base- Window Spike and Seatbelt Cutter. Emergency Tire Cover."
I do not have a tire cover or this LED flashlight thing so I bought one.
Did the G1 Insight come with this?
The fitment guide includes the G1 Insight.
I'll post pictures when it arrives if anyone's interested. I didn't find any pictures online beyond the parts catalog drawings.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
My 2005 did not come with those things. It might be a European option, they have more required safety equipment than the US, but I think their requirements are more along the line of bright vests and warning triangles.

Another European option that I would like to get my hands on is the headlight up-down control. I suppose they are available, but whether the US wire harness supports them is ???

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Good luck with that magnetic base on your Insight...

·
Registered
2004 Red MT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2005 did not come with those things. It might be a European option, they have more required safety equipment than the US, but I think their requirements are more along the line of bright vests and warning triangles.

Another European option that I would like to get my hands on is the headlight up-down control. I suppose they are available, but whether the US wire harness supports them is ???
Curious that it may be a European option but it's available here and says it fits my car, which I supplied the vin for them to be sure it was correct. On the fitment chart it listed many other Honda models and years, maybe that's why it's still available.

I've seen a video on the headlight control. It would be nice since my headlights need adjusting. On the headlight control one of the adjusters on the headlight housing has an electric motor attached to it controlled by the slider on the dash. You've probably seen this.

·
Registered
2004 Red MT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OEM Part Source has emailed me to say that the part does not fit my vehicle and it is discontinued.
The correct part is Part No. 84522-s3y-00 which is just a spare wheel cover and it is also discontinued.
So it looks like I'm not getting the possibly nifty Honda "flashing red beacon light- LED flashlight- Magnetic base- Window Spike and Seatbelt Cutter" tool, which is what I was mainly interested in.

·
Registered
971 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,325 Posts
I agree. "CHECK FITMENT" shows that it doesn't fit the Insight.

·
Registered
2004 Red MT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found it and tried to buy it at OEM Part Source. At checkout I provided my VIN and the web site confirmed fitment.
Now, however they correctly informed me that the part doesn't go with my car even though it seems like they still have it listed for G1 Insight.

joeaax1j referenced a different web site. extreme-auto-parts.com

I bet Red Green could make it fit with a sledge hammer, circular saw and some duct tape.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts