Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yup .. got the recall letter about 2 weeks ago, made the appointment, and it took them about an hour to update the BCM software. This has been covered in some other thread I think.

That other thread mentioned something about how the battery now seems to take longer to charge. This is true. The one thing I'd like to add is that the service personnel said that the car wouldn't get mileage as good as before, but so far I haven't seen any such effect.

Hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also received a recall notice. My appointment took about the same amount of time at the dealer as Redbug and like Redbug I have not noticed a decline in my mileage yet.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just got the letter yesterday, and haven't done anything about it yet. The notice I received said I'd have to leave the car for half a day, so much longer than "about an hour."

As noted, the only time I'd had this problem was on drives in excess of 2.5 hours. Guess I'll try to find the time sometime next week!

Best Regs,
Rick
2006 CVT

·
Registered
107 Posts
Okay, I took my Insight into Norm Reeves Honda, left it for two hours, and it's all fixed now!

Still have to take it on a long trip to be sure that the Check Engine light doesn't come on.

No change in milage, however (not that I expected any, but you never know), still working on 64.2 on the current tank of ARCO gas.

Best Regs,
Rick / 2006 CVT

·
Registered
741 Posts
So,

what's the "problem" this recall is supposed to fix? And why does it result in the battery taking longer to charge?

·
Registered
107 Posts
1. The "problem" was that after 2.5 - 3 Hrs of driving, the Check Engine light would come on. The solution should keep this from happening.

I guess the "problem" for Honda dealers was having the Insight owners bring their cars in, and having their techs/mechanics spend time running the codes, only to conclude that there wasn't really a problem. In other words, a huge waste of time, esp. in the "Time is Money" context.

2. My Insight's batteries seem to charge just as quickly after the recall change as they did before.

Best Regs,
Rick / 2006 CVT

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Since this topic has now been multiposted and is now becoming fractured as a housekeeping task I'm locking this thread, moving it to the best forum, Problems & Troubleshooting and redirecting further replies to here:

Codes P0135 and P2610
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=5262

Sincerely,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.