Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

In the attached pic, I have marked few areas that doesn't have any fuses. The manual says they are not in use.

Does that mean, those are not powered? Right now I don't have a multi-meter to test, so that's why I thought to post this question.

If they are powered, I suppose I can stick a fuse and make some use of it?

Also, if they are powered and can be tapped, I suppose I draw up-to 30amps from any of these slots am i right?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Lets go top down left right with your blank spaces to the US service manual.

1 tpms sensor 7.5 amps
2 not used
3 not used
4 drivers door lock 15 amp
5 not used, slot above with 20 amp fuse not used in US
6 not used
7 not used

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks cobb,

From your reply, the most important for me to know is that when you say "not used" for certain fuse slots, does that mean those locations are not powered up at all? So basically, even if I stick a fuse there, it's just not sueful since the background wiring has not be done?

I have a JDM EX model.

But the best would be to use a multi-meter and check whether they can be used right?

Thank you again!

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Er, sticking fuses in unused slots in the fuse box won't make new things/features magically happen in your car, if that's what you're asking.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Yeah, since your car is JDM and mines USD our fuses maybe different.

How about use an add a fuse to power stuff?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cobb,

thanks, This is exactly what I wanted to CONFIRM. so for me to use a fuse tap, it should already have power. If they have not wired it at all, sticking a fuse tap won't work.

Good.. now I need to try this out.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts