Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,any of you have any advice,or experience with this Jap oil?, significantly cheaper on eBay,than honda green oil,thank you.

·
Registered
807 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bought mine at Car Quest. Pours like water. 7000kms and still clean as the day I put it in.

Anyone put in a larger filter for longer service intervals? I used to do it on my truck all the time.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems ok so?I eventually went with the recommended Honda green oil,but will give the enos a go next time,,,do u think the mpg is ok?

·
3,641 Posts
I've used it before, but wouldn't know what to tell you about it. Even if I would have done oil analysis, there would be too many variables to draw meaningful or practical conclusions from it.
As far as remote filter, John Garcia has installed an Amsoil filter system on his car and has had several lab tests over the past few years. He has stretched the change intervals safely to over 10000 miles IIRC. But I'm pretty sure he using the Amsoil products.
Here is the repository for enough data, hypothesis, conjectures, opinions, taste tests etc to drive you crazy, or keep you occupied for two months: https://bobistheoilguy.com

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've used it before, but wouldn't know what to tell you about it. Even if I would have done oil analysis, there would be too many variables to draw meaningful or practical conclusions from it.
As far as remote filter, John Garcia has installed an Amsoil filter system on his car and has had several lab tests over the past few years. He has stretched the change intervals safely to over 10000 miles IIRC. But I'm pretty sure he using the Amsoil products.
Here is the repository for enough data, hypothesis, conjectures, opinions, taste tests etc to drive you crazy, or keep you occupied for two months: https://bobistheoilguy.com
Thanks, haven't got 2 months,so reckon I'll stick with the honda green oil

·
Registered
70 Posts
John Garcia has installed an Amsoil filter system on his car and has had several lab tests over the past few years. He has stretched the change intervals safely to over 10000 miles IIRC.
The normal change interval on my 2010 LX is nearly 10k miles by the maintenance minder (helps that the car never gets started unless it's going at least 10 highway miles). Use Subaru 0W-20 since new - now at 120k miles with zero oil consumption.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
That model year IS NOT effected by oil consumption per the recall.

HTH
Willie

·
Registered
210 Posts
On last days off I have replaced oil and the filter in the engine. I have replaced with the Japanese oil Idemitsu Zepro Eco Medalist 0W-20 4 liter in a tin canister, price: ~38$. Surprisingly, but oil has green color.:rolleyes:
I have filled in about 3,5 liters to the middle between marks.
The engine began to work more quietly.:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wish we could get that honda green oil in the states...I'm stuck using Castrol,penzoil, Mobil 1 0w20 and car still starts very load on cold starts for 5-10 min. Then quiets down..

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I wish we could get that honda green oil in the states...I'm stuck using Castrol,penzoil, Mobil 1 0w20 and car still starts very load on cold starts for 5-10 min. Then quiets down..
I use Green in my G1, which I order from the UK. It costs almost twice Mobile 1 after shipping across the Atlantic, but the G1 takes so little oil I don't mind.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
Ecky
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing