Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw a underhood photo of a green 2000 Insight in the October 13 issue of The Tampa Tribune newspaper and I noticed that the 2000 model had a black cover that surrounds the engine bay. I knew something looked like it was missing on my 2003 CVT Insight, but I couldn't remember just exactly what until I saw the photo. :-/ Did Honda do away with the black surround for a reason on the later model years or is my car just simply missing the black plastic surround/cover?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I believe they used the Honda Insight concept car pics. As far as I know the cover never made it to any of the production cars.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's interesting! I test drove the Insight at a local dealership when it first appeared in the U.S. back in 2000 and I vaguely recall the car having that cover, but maybe I'm just imagining things.

·
Registered
702 Posts
do you have a pic of this? not quite sure what you mean, but my 2000 might have it if i know what your talking about

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll see if I can scan the pic. so everyone can see what I'm referring to. I have to admit that the cover definitely adds a nice look to the engine bay.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the pix

Here's the pic. of the underhood cover

As for aging hybrids holding up well ....... my engine has been rebuilt and my front suspension arm bushings still scrunch. :roll:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another pic. from the same article showing some odd looking wheels and badging on the 2000 model. I wonder if the two pix are of the JDM version?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts