Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still considering what to do with my Insight. Water is blowing out the tail pipe. It is probably a head gasket, but it could be a warped or cracked head or a crack in the block...

I am considering a rebuilt, remanufactured or good used engine...

Does anyone know of a good source?

If they are in So Cal, I could tow it there if they install.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hey sabro,

Sounds like you decided not to go with the dealership in Woodland Hills... just curious, did you take it in, and they quoted you some outlandish price?

-fly

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually right now they seem like the best option. I'm looking at every option though.

I'm going to wait a bit since I just sunk $2500 into it and sinking a bunch of money into it again right away. I will have to tow it down there, but if I find a quality rebuild, I might be able to install it or get it installed out here...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Good luck to you, sabro. I hope you can get the problems resolved as quickly and as cheaply as possible! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Question for you... is it smoking, or is there actually liquid water coming out of the tailpipe?

Smoke would indicate a bad engine (head gasket, cracked head, etc.), but water coming out the tailpipe is just condensation from hot exhaust pipes cooling overnight.

Best of luck, though, if it does turn out to be a head gasket or cracked head. Hopefully it's not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lots of water comming out of the tail pipe... no power and overheats...

Definitely NOT condensation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts