Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish to thank those members who replied to my questions regarding missing body parts (car parts, that is). I ordered a new skirt from Majestic Honda as suggested, and the mirror casing will have to wait.

Meanwhile, I got curious about the Enginer pack and sent them a query regarding installation in the HI 2000. They replied instantly with a set of pdfs which I can supply if there is interest. They have 4 and 8 kwh options and they seem to be implying that they can both be installed in the HI. My question is, who does that kind of work in California? Partial answer: not me.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I have installed Enginer systems in Insights. Both 2kwh and 4kwh.
In fact, I worked with Jack Chen in creating a custom setup, including mounting plate for Insights.

Very few were ever done. There is some side effects from installing the system that may not be desirable.

To get the most out of it, it is better to have MIMA if possible.

There were reliability with the Enginer systems that ultimately put them out of business. The new owners of Enginer did not honor warranties of previous Enginer customers. So, buyer beware. Especially if it is new old stock, or using the old design.

And if it is a new design, I would be skeptical unless reliability has been improved.

Call me and we can talk.

Also, could you email me the PDFs to [email protected]? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
As of only 1 of 2 gen 2 users in the US my attempts to contact the remainder of Enginer were useless. Supposedly they closed the US operations, but kept it elsewhere. In the US a company or 2 and Eric bought up the remainder parts and sells and fixes them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts