Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I was thinking about putting a set of Ekei RPF1s (15x7) on my gen2 Insight. The car is stock other than the rims that I would be putting on the car. Does anyone have experience with mounting larger rims? Do any other modifications to the car have to be made in order to avoid the rims rubbing against the car?

·
Registered
622 Posts
the stock rims are 15 x 5.5 inches and theres plenty of room in the wheel wells, it appears, to take something that size ... i seem to recall a few ppl with non oem rims on this site - try a search of the mods section ... just make sure the offset and dish of the rims stays close to stock

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I thought at first too. However, when I ordered them from Tirerack, they made a big deal about the rims possibly rubbing against the rear wheel well. I checked a lot of the modified gen2 pics and this doesn't seem to be a problem? (Although one of the threads mentioned it) They said that customers had experienced this before and cited our forum in particular. Has anyone else had rims close to this size and what have your experiences been? Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
622 Posts
the problem with talking to ppl about rim sizes is some ppls tolerance for rubbing is much greater than others ... everytime i see some nipplehead with 22s or 24s on a little pocket rocket slammed and i hear it rubbing on turns and every time it hits a pothole its obvious that theres too much rim and tire for the wheel wells ... if ur like me you dont want a single bit of rubbing under the most extreme turn lock to lock or cornering under hard braking ... that being said there is alot of room in the wheel wells for a juicier rime

1 - 4 of 4 Posts