Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Engine-Off-Coast
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New thread; old one is buried and out-of-date.

Elegant Forced Auto-Stop
Using a switch and one of these circuit boards you can get a 2000-2006 Honda Insight with a manual transmission to enter Auto-Stop at any speed. You can use this for engine-off-coasting on demand to save gas.

When wired up properly, if you shift into neutral while holding the button down you can (very lightly) tap the brake pedal and the car will enter Auto-Stop.

The Auto-Stop indicator will illuminate as normal and the car will remain in Auto-Stop until you shift into gear or tap the brake 5 times or have to brake really hard.

This is NOT an "Injector Kill" stall system common to other DIY fuel-economy enhanced vehicles, such as one might see at ecomodder.com

These are superior to Injector Kill stalls because:
  • All electrical systems remain powered
  • Restart the car simply by shifting into gear again
  • You can enter Lean Burn again after only 4 seconds delay (must wait 10 seconds w/ a stall system)
  • Car will automatically restart the engine if you have to brake hard
I am selling these for $50 shipped anywhere in the USA. International buyers can send me a PM and I can find the cheapest shipping to your country.

You get:
  • 1 built and programmed EFAS Circuit Board
  • 1 high quality NKK SPDT Momentary switch (these will last longer than the life of the car)
  • I will provide any help//photos//advice you need for installation and usage
If you live in a colder climate you'll get a fully populated board as seen on the left in the photo so that you can wire it to the outside ambient temperature (OAT) sensor to get Auto-Stop even when it's freezing outside. If, like me, you live in a warmer climate I'll send you one as seen on the right that doesn't have the extra relay and resistor for the OAT sensor because you won't need it.

(If you're in the south but you know you'll be driving north during the winter from time to time let me know and I'll be happy to send one with the extra relay and resistor.)

Tools Required for Installation:
  • Soldering Iron
  • Solder
  • Wire strippers
  • 12mm socket or wrench
  • 10mm socket or wrench
  • Pry tool or small flat-head screwdriver
  • Phillips screwdriver (#2)
This may interfere with cruise control -- if someone wants to install this on an Insight with cruise control please send me a PM and we can brainstorm how to make sure everything works safely.

If you have any questions, please post them here as others may be wondering the same thing.

Send me a private message to order!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts