Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new here - just got home less than an hour ago with my new (well, new to me anyway) 2010 Insight. While I do think I got a pretty good deal and am happy about the mpg, I got pretty ticked off on the drive home because of some issues I noticed:

1) My right heel hurts! I know this is a strange problem, and I don't know why it's happening. I tried adjusting my foot's position on the accelerator in numerous ways, no help. I drove a Hyundai Santa Fe prior to this (ergonomically a DREAM), and the car I rented for the last two weeks was a Kia Soul and I didn't have that problem there either (even though the Soul is a tin can on wheels!).

2) The stereo.. the radio pre-set buttons are spaced F A R apart, and I end up having to reach forward to press 4, 5, or 6. Extremely annoying because I'm constantly changing stations. Anyone else have this problem? I've got the seat pulled up as far as I can, it doesn't help.

3) I just noticed getting out of the car that there are NO MAP LIGHTS! How on earth is this possible??? I just can't believe it! I've never driven a car that didn't have map lights!!

The reviews I've read in various places didn't mention any of these things, which in my opinion, is a serious omission.

Did any of you have these issues?

·
Registered
162 Posts
1) No foot issues here.

2) I agree that reaching radio presets 4-6 is too far and this annoys me as well. Having steering wheel mounted radio controls fixes this issue. For 2010, this was only included with the navigation option. I wanted the audio controls but I could not justify spending the ~$1750 for a navigation system that I would barely use.

2011 and 2012 Insights offer the steering wheel audio controls without the navigation option.

3) My 2010 EX has map lights. I guess they were not available on the LX model.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts