Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has come time to consider letting one of our 2 Insights go. I am not going to let MIZR go due to my own reasons. But the wife and I were debating trading in her 2001 CVT Insight for a Prius due to need for a more familly friendly vehcile. But the dealers won't give us what I consider a resonable trade in value, so I am contemplating just selling it myself. My question is what is a resonable asking price for a 2001 CVT Insight with A/C and 22354 miles on odometer? Any clues?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Here's Edmunds' take on the issue:

appraisal..

Hmmm... Expecting??

Don't mean to pry, but I imagine it would take some sort of life-changing event to force you to give up an Insight :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Ecfool:

___Might I suggest you run your CVT based Insight through KBB as well? Car’s.com used to have a link to the Black Book but that has been removed/changed back to KBB.com as well now …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:3gyipqa1][email protected][/email:3gyipqa1]

·
Registered
453 Posts
Depends on gas prices. Just hope the fuel prices go up :wink:

At least 9000 but probably not more than 12,000.

KBB, NADA and others have hurt the value of the car because they kinda set the price because banks use them as a guide for max loan amounts.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
eBay might give you some ideas too, try searching the completed auctions to see final prices on used Insights.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Similar model

My Insight is a red 2001 CVT with air and 24,000 miles when I bought it. I purchased it in December 2003 (six months ago now) for $10,850. This was book trade-in value at the time, though most trade in for a little below it. I hunted for months to get one at that price, though, and similar models were selling for $12K-$14K on dealership floors.

You should get right around $8,500 for it at this point on trade-in, maybe a little less. If they are offering a lot less than that, then yeah, I'd agree it's unfair :)

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I paid $9800 for my blue 2001 5 -speed w/ ac with 42,000 miles in Feb in Virginia. It had been on the dealer's lot in Norfolk since July. I think I could have gotten him lower if I had more patience and better negotiating skills. I agree with Cakley, but with gas prices as they are and with your low mileage and since you are in CA, I would think closer to the $11k - $12k range.

BTW - saw another blue insight in a parking lot today. What a rare treat.

Jim

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would say $12,000. Depending on the color. In California it appears that the prices of Insights are going up. I'm seeing them listed for more and more.

Isn't supply and demand great :) I bet every Insight will be worth a lot more in about 6-8 months if gas prices stay the same or go up.

They appear to be becoming highly sought after. I feel lucky because I paid less than Blue Book retail on a 2002 Blue 5spd with A/C, and under 30K miles. I paid $13,985 for the car in North Carolina.

Now, if that car was in California. It would be listed at about $16,000.

Matt

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just paid $14k for an 03 CVT with 28k. So if I were you with an 01 CVT with less miles, I would hold out for $12k+, regardless of what Edmunds or KBB says.

Personally I was thrilled to get a clean used one for that price.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I paid 15,900 for my 2003 blue CVT with 16K niles on it 3 weeks ago. I was trying to talk the dealer into a better price, and they said they had 4 others interested. It had been bought by them on SUnday, I was told about it monday and I bought it Wednesday. So they seem to not be lasting long on lots...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts