Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
vote 4 mawah
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It appears Honda ( may be attempting to make it's goal of 50% ev by 2030 )
is planning to show off a new ev prototype at the Geneva AutoShow 2019, according to this article
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/02/12/honda-tomo-geneva/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000021&yptr=yahoo

I can't help remembering the Honda FCX prototype from 2002, currently the clarity fuel cell.
and the Fit ev that a local dealer had on the showroom floor. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Fit#Fit_EV
But sales was a bit confussed by it not actually being for sale and there was a waiting list to lease.
I was told that day the MRSP (if it was for sale) was $43k. I declined to signup for a lease.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Meh, the old Urban ev concept looks much better. None of them will be made. Honda are the most stick in the mud, conservative dopes in the world.

Like GM in the 80's.

·
Administrator
10,698 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,890 Posts
Too early I suppose to know what battery chemistry is used. Would be interested to know if they continued the LTO chemistry from the Fit experiment.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Retro first gen Insight

I wish they wound make a "retro" version of the insight, (or a reboot). They could buy out Sondors and make it from that. The Sondors already looks kind of like a G1 Insight.

·
vote 4 mawah
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
2020 ev

Nice links and interesting progression. Seeing the newer update suggests that the production ev will have all the new standard safety features, which means all the stuff most of us here would like to be able to special order without. ie connectivity, computer aided driving assist, sport mode, etc. ymmv or ykw/mmv a lot.
any mention of aero? from the looks of those wheels probably not.
On the positive side I can't wait to see if honda dials in the ev power curve correctly on it's first production release.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts