Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I replaced the purge valve on my evap canister and the bracket that holds the canister is about 70 percent compromised by rust. 2000 Gen 1 Insight. I was wondering if anyone has a decent one? Discontinued from Honda. Part number is 17358-S3Y-A00. Thanks.

Registered
2005 NAVY BLUE PEARL CVT
Good morning my friend. The car I picked up with 36K goes in the shop July 5th. The donor car is fully loaded with all parts right now but both cars are at the shop. I will have to look at the condition of the EVAP canister but if it is decent it is all yours...you have helped me out in the past!!
. I may not be able to fiddle with this for a few weeks so let me know how urgent it is for you. Chris 馃憤馃榿馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
2005 NAVY BLUE PEARL CVT
And I did find a decent used one online at AH PARTS DISMANTLERS for $39 if you desire to grab one quickly. And a few on EBay too but the AH PART was the best value. Chris

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a million. I ordered a new one from Honda Parts Now but I think I will get an email in a few days that says it's discontinued. They have done that before. If the bracket on your donor car is in good shape I may take you up on your offer. It's holding for now and no check engine light after 100 miles this morning so fingers crossed.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good morning my friend. The car I picked up with 36K goes in the shop July 5th. The donor car is fully loaded with all parts right now but both cars are at the shop. I will have to look at the condition of the EVAP canister but if it is decent it is all yours...you have helped me out in the past!!
. I may not be able to fiddle with this for a few weeks so let me know how urgent it is for you. Chris 馃憤馃榿馃嚭馃嚫
So I got the email that I was expecting saying the bracket was discontinued. If you happen to find that yours is in good shape I'd be happy to buy it from you. Not in a rush as the current one seems to be holding up. Just don't want to hit a big bump and have it fall off or dangle. Reminds me of an Army cadence. "Don't let your dingle dangle in the dirt" and then something like this "if you let your dingle dangle tuck it in your shirt" I've been out for 33 years so I may be a bit fuzzy on that. Ha

Registered
2005 NAVY BLUE PEARL CVT
I got you covered. Let me look at the condition and I will PM you some pics. Chris

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks brother.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts