Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my car serviced today and driven home 70 plus miles. My average has been 91.7 mpg over those miles. This about 10mpg up on its FE before the service - and this was in stop-start traffic. As they say - "I dont believe it!" Acceleration with the new plugs is noticeably better.

Service was at 54k and cost me £300. The car also passed its MOT (UK test on car condition) without any problems. The dealer service was excellent - i got an Accord turbodiesel as a courtesy car which was really quick.

I am so impressed with the car - best thing I ever bought.

Morale is dont leave a plus change beyond 50k (or maybe sooner) as your FE will get worse.

John

·
Registered
344 Posts
I changed mine last month at 94000 miles before I drove 2200 miles. I had absolutely no change in performance. I checked the gap and they were all about .003 more than the new spec. The small iridium electrode was still flat on the end versus rounded that is typical of standard plugs. They were very clean as well. I have pics of them with cylinder location and gap if anyone is interested. Driving conditions can make a difference.

I changed the plugs in my wife's 2000 Maxima at 95000 and they were in very bad shape.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Glad to hear you're pleased with your Insight.

Today I managed 80.1 MPG US or 97 MPG Imperial on a 30 mile trip in to Westport village and back home. Radiator block, 50 PSI in the tires (tyres) , and shhhhh...some motor off coasting. Tomorrow we are expecting a couple of inches of snow (it isn't exactly summer here ), and about 6 miles of the trip was on muddy potholed gravel road. :shock:

"I am so impressed with the car - best thing I ever bought."

I couldn't agree with you more. :D

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oil Change improves your MPG

kNOwtalent

Having found my original post it was a 10 mpg improvement following my oil change.

John

·
Registered
303 Posts
jack9994 said:
Just had my car serviced today and driven home 70 plus miles. My average has been 91.7 mpg over those miles. This about 10mpg up on its FE before the service - and this was in stop-start traffic. As they say - "I dont believe it!" Acceleration with the new plugs is noticeably better.

The dealer service was excellent - i got an Accord turbodiesel as a courtesy car which was really quick.

I am so impressed with the car - best thing I ever bought.

Moral is dont leave a plus change beyond 50k (or maybe sooner) as your FE will get worse.

John
Accelleration would make sense, since you have nice, clean, pure spark.

Mahn I wish I could have a _turbo_diesel Accord as a serviceloaner or rental or otherwise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.