Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After giving up My 2000 5spd for the wife's lousy as in I really don't like it now 2001 CVT, so she could have her new car, I find it excessivly noisy as in a large amount of possable tire/bearing noise from left front. The car only has 23000 miles on it and My 5 spd was actualy a lot quieter even with 93000. Is more noise normal for a CVT transmission? Its a sort of a wheel bearing noise, which I can run on stands and clearly hear with a stethescope as either from wheel area or half shaft. I even swapped tires from poor MIZR prior to trading him in and noise was same. Maybe I got rid of the wrong car, dahmmm hindsight sucks!!!
I also notice the mileage realy is lower than MIZR was I can only manage about 47-50 on round trip drive to work (approximately 70 miles day) compared to MIZR's 62-68 is this normal for a CVT Insight? If so as soon as Honda releases a new version as projected in 2006 I will be in line.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actualy no floor mat but had the whole cargo box full of sub woolfers and the rear deck was kinda filled with amps,crossovers,and digital sound processor which I am going to install in this Insight now just redoing mounting board and getting new amps with a little more boost. Who says old men cant enjoy kids toys??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.