Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Linsight Designer
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain why this eBay seller (probably an ic.net member) says in his auction
Code:
"When looking for this "King of Mileage" understand that there are no means of engine rebuild on the first year - 2000 - Honda Insight; only 2001 and beyond. (That's why there are so many 2000s for sale.)"
I know the emissions system changed from two to three oxygen sensors, but I'm not aware of any block/pistons/head differences.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Honestly, engine rebuild isn't even a factor on cars that have such a reliable engine. The engines outlast the cars themselves and tend be be available for swap at a lower cost than a rebuild would cost. The parts for a rebuild without labor are higher than another engine and you generally have to pull an engine to do a full rebuild anyways.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
In context of “king of mileage” I figured maybe they spoke broken english and were referring to the 2000 as being superior to the rest (01-06) in terms of mpgs (or “mileage” in broken english)

That’s just my shot in the dark.

·
Super Moderator
4,796 Posts
I asked the seller for clarification and references. He replied that I should do my own research. He obviously has no clue. Disregard. And nobody bid on the car at $5,200.

Sam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts