Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing a new 2005 Insight. Should I purchase the extended warranty. If so, what shoukld it cost etc...? Is one better than another? Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
An extended warranty is a gamble really. For the Insight the Honda Care warranty might be one to look in to because it specifically covers the battery pack beyond the factory 80K warranty.

http://www.curryhondacare.com/

Best price on a Honda care I could find. Go through the steps to get a price then check your email, they send you a code for additional $$ off (or at least they used to). That way if you go and try to buy it from your dealership you'll have at least an idea of what it should cost. Remember, they make a rediculous percentage on selling extended warranties.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Maybe the better question is not whether to purchase, but how much are you willing to pay :?:

There is a big difference between warranty contracts. Personally I wouldn't consider anything other than Honda Care.

Now the question is what price makes it a good value. :?: :)

HTH! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as what I am willing to pay.

Honda care can be purchased directly from Honda for this car for $800.00. That is for a 100,000 mile warranty for 5 years. I could purchase the 100,000 mile 7 year plan. But with the wife's business, 5 years and we'll be to 100,000.

In other words. If I can't get the dealer to sell for less than that I will buy it directly.

Honda warranty is changing on Sept 1st. 2005.

If your waiting to purchase on you better review the changes.

Thanks for the replys. Tomorrows the big day. Kevin

·
Registered
22 Posts
What a great group!!

This was the information I sat around a Canadian Honda dealer for an hour yesterday trying to get. I did as the previous member suggested go to the site, go through the steps and get the information, then I checked my e-mail address and sure enough there was a coupon for $90 off whatever plan I chose. Can anyone tell me if sales tax is charged on these service plans?
Please reply soon I may be taking out a service contract Wednesday morning..

Rocky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts