Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Insight Central - Quote

Q: Auto Idle Stop is not functioning for me. What is wrong?

A: If your Insight is never entering idle stop mode, this could be due to any number of reasons. Here are some things you might want to check: . . . . . . .

If all of the above conditions are satisfied, the problem is most likely that idle stop isn't functioning due to the exterior air temperature sensor being disconnected. Some Honda dealers are not aware of this sensor, and so haven't been connecting it when they should. This sensor is located behind the grill, in front of the radiator and, if air conditioning is installed, in front of the air conditioning condenser. If its wire is hanging loose, just reconnect it, and this should solve your problem.

I happened to look under the hood tonight to try to fix a rattle and found my exterior air temperature sensor with about 6 inches of wire and not connected. I do not see anything to "just reconnect it" with. Is this something I can do? I see no wire. This air conditioning was installed by a dealer some three years ago.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The wire was actually broken by a plastic piece that attaches to the frame. I am now trying to figure how the best way to reconnect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts