Premium Member
2,332 Posts
I like it. :D Looks like new!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like new

I actually had a lady the other day ask me what it was and asked me if it was new! :lol:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Very handsome. Keep 'er cool 8)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Now ya gotta wash it more!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
makeover

I'm just one of those people that if someone has one, I want nothing to do with it. It HAS to be different. 8)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rims painted

I'm saving for chrome. I really don't think the unsrpung weight will make that big a difference. It may actually help with regens!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: rims painted

dfiore said:
I'm saving for chrome. I really don't think the unsrpung weight will make that big a difference. It may actually help with regens!
i think civic si wheels would look pretty sick.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Extreme makeover

fujii13 suggested Civic Si rims.
My local Honda Honda dealer had a set of new Si rims and tires they were
selling for a customer that replaced them with larger diameter wheels. They looked terrific but weighed 38lbs. compared to 22lbs. for the stock rims and tires.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: Extreme makeover

Jerry said:
fujii13 suggested Civic Si rims.
My local Honda Honda dealer had a set of new Si rims and tires they were
selling for a customer that replaced them with larger diameter wheels. They looked terrific but weighed 38lbs. compared to 22lbs. for the stock rims and tires.
if weight's a concern, some civic HX would be mint.

like these:

the come silver stock, here's them sanded and polished:
http://we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddima ... ZkMzF5NTQx

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have heard people talking about how the Insight rims are supposed to be extremely aerodynamic, how much of a difference could that really make? Personally I would probably just get a set of mooneyes painted to match the color of the car, or paint the stock rims to match (if the car was black, other colors would prob look a little gawdy IMO)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
My understanding is that the aerodynamic effects of the wheels and tires is considerable. The tires act like air pumps, and the designers have to make sure that they pump the air to where they want it. And the airflow over the wheel surfaces is considerable. Note that the Civic hybrid also has funky wheels that are similar to the Insight's.

http://www.hondanews.com/CatID2013?mid= ... 8&mime=asc

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wind resistance

I've aways had a think for black and chrome. Admit it. you could paint a Yugo or Kia Rio black witgh chrome wheels and they'd look badass. Of course the axles on the Yugo would snap under the weight! :lol: If I manage to budget for this, I'll post how it affect things. I really want the kind that give a "fan blade reflection" effect when driving slow, but I don't remember what they looked like :?

·
Registered
741 Posts
BEAUTIFUL.

how much did the new paint job cost?

Want to sell it? :D

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
paint job cost

Mine was about $3000 because I made the mistake of going to econo autobody first. Mike's Autobody had to correct all the mistakes first and completely sand it. Also, the front underbody was coming apart from high mileage and I had a couple of scuffs. The only bad looking thing left is the trim as there is some overspray from the aforementioned place. It's not painfully obvious and I really love the way it looks. I have a suprise coming and I'll post pictures once I'm ready....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts