Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ncnightowl said:
I could not access any of the info on this site; it requires a subscription.
Strange. I just tried again and could access the manuals without difficulty. Maybe this is restricted by IPs/location or some other element. Note: only the manuals are accessible without subscription, other areas of the site are not.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I looked at the Insight manual without a problem.

·
Registered
240 Posts
atlaw4u said:
I can open up the link for each year of the Insight but it only shows 1 page which appears to be the Index.
I just tried it and I see what you mean. However, you can get around it. If you hover the mouse over one of the page numbers in the index, you can click on the number and it will go to that page (for example, I clicked on page 43, "Instrument and Controls", in the 2000 Insight manual). From there, I get > and < arrows in the top right corner of the page, which allows me to page through the manual. It's a little weird that you don't get the page numbers at the bottom, like a normal pdf, but at least there's a work-around! :)

-fly

·
Registered
109 Posts
the links from the index pages are dead for me. ( 2001 insight )
Oh well. They probably took it down.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Were you able to view actual pages, not just the index page ?
( ie : navigate all the way to the text of some pages )
Strange...

·
Registered
20 Posts
This may not be the place to post, but I'm wondering if someone can tell me how to turn off the "Maint Req'd" light? The maint has been done, by Firestone, and they can't figure out how to turn it off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure if anybody else has done this, but I got annoyed at how cumbersome the online Honda pdf was, so I downloaded it and shuffled everything around into one single pdf (took a few hours, but well worth it!). The hyperlinks don't work in the document, but since all the pages are actually in one file, you don't really need them! Enjoy, all!

Incidentally, this is my first post; I've been reading these boards for ages, and loving them! I'm happy to make this small contribution to the Insight community... :D

Honda Insight 2000 Manual pdf: http://lemurfilms.com/misc/honda_insigh ... manual.pdf
(Please note: this file is NOT in any way pirated, etc. It is compiled from a freely available online manual...)

-joe

------
Joe Bourguignon
"Space Alien Green" 2000 Insight (color named by John Wayland)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thank you so much for that work. I only have Japanese manuals so this one comes in handy. I also wished the whole thing was one file. You did it already. Thanks...downloading now so I can put it on my phone.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thank you for the .pdf!
The whole manual in one file is great!
Copied to the Zodiac for portable viewing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Got it! Nice, now if I lose my owner's manual I can just reprint it!
(But I won't... I'll just put it on my tablet and take the owner's manual out of the car to save another pound of weight!)

Most of the links to the reference manuals are dead, but the ones from Peterperkins collection still work... they are just super slow!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts