Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a 2014 EX Insight with no Nav unit built in..

I Have installed a Clarion In-Dash Nav system (NX-404) and it came out great. I did it a while ago and for the most part am real happy with it. It beats the pants off the Honda System. (By the way, the factory system is also made by Clarion but its an older system).

Here's my question. I have been able to utilize the factory connector with a Metra In-dash kit and wiring connector. All is working great and I even have a steering wheel connector adapter kit in which I have all audio controls.

The one issue that I am trying to answer is if anyone has had any way to interface the factory Mic on the insight which I believe is between the map lights overheadt?

I do have the shop manual and it says that on Connector 28P which is the hands free connector, there are two pins which go to the mic. 13 is labeled as the Blue wire which goes to Mic + and 14 is the Pink wire which goes to Mic -. I am assuming + is the audio hot line while - is shield.

Has any one had any luck interfacing these wires with out hacking the wires up? I wonder if there is a adapter connector which would interface with the connector with this.

I am thinking it might be better to just use the aftermarket one but this was my last quest before I do this?

Thanks for any and all assistance!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Honda tends to use model specific wiring harnesses. So the wires you seek may not be there. It should be possible to run wires up the front pilar and across to the map light. You should look at trying to remove the map light and see if there are any extra wires in there. I doubt it, but you never know.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Egads, I actually found the connector but I think you are right. I dont feel like hacking the wires up so I think I will go with the aftermarket mic. Thanks though for the tip!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Jazzyjeff
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing