Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the factory radio specs (size)? Looking to buy a replacement head unit off of overstock.com and do not know if the head units they have would be too big. I'm going to pick up my car Thursday and wanted to order a replacement head unit. Thanks in advance for your help. :roll:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I replaced my worthless Honda head unit with a single-DIN-sized Pioneer before I switched that out for my single-DIN-sized Parrot with Bluetooth. Both were a perfect fit. No drama! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

Thanks guys. I'm going to place my order now so I can have it when I get home from picking up my Insight. :D

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
John! You da man! :D

I swear, I learn more from this site than just about any other place I regularly visit. Useful knowledge or trivia, it's all here. :eek:

I never knew DIN stood for Deutsches Institut für Normung, I would have guessed it had to do with some obscure measuring standard for car radios only, not standards covering most all technological fields. Thanks for the informative link (as per your SOP), I loooove finding out obscurities of this sort. ;)

·
Registered
685 Posts
And I thought DIN had something to do with the volume level.....

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
:lol: That would be the other definition. ;)

Din: A loud harsh or strident noise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts