Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a stop light this morning and I pulled up next to a prius owner. He was about my age and he gave "The Look"... I was like - Aight, let see what happens -

Light turns green - Right off the bat I was out in front, took about 4 seconds to get 2 car lengths ahead of him - I let off the gas because I thought It was over. He was trying so hard to catch up. He finally did with me in 5th, Dropped it into third and took what was left of his aspirations of winning and fizzled them.

Well, I know I used up most of my cool tokens racing on the road, but it was fun to see what type of power those things really have.

We stopped at the next stoplight.... he didn't look over... and he stopped 1/2 car length behind me... to funny.

AG -

·
Registered
334 Posts
Burn! :lol: Hee hee.

Got to love our zippy acceleration. One of the main reasons I bought my Insight. The first year Insights were available I got dusted at a stoplight while I was In my Porsche. As soon as I hit second gear they didn't have a chance, but that sure made a lasting impression on me. So much so I had to buy one. :wink:

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
First Insight I ever saw was almost a year before I bought mine. Citrus. I was behind it at a stoplight waiting to get on a freeway and thought "oh great, this little car in front of me is going to bog me down getting home."

The sight of its distinctive tail diminishing in size before my eyes was something I remembered later on when thinking about getting my own Insight...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
It's funny. I raced a Prius on the highway several months ago...It was an older couple, but the husband seemed happy to "go for it". The Prius (at least the older generation) is no match for the Insight. I have not raced a "new" Prius yet, but I would imagine the results would be similar.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Aaron:

___The 04 Prius is a lot closer to the 5-speed in acceleration performance then the ancient Prius could have ever imagined … The 04 Prius’ acceleration on a full pack from 0 to 60 is between 9.8 and 11.43 seconds depending on review site. The 0 - 30 times are still just a tenth or two behind our Insight’s but it would give our little beauties a run for the money …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:2e3dchy1][email protected][/email:2e3dchy1]

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
And the Insight 1/4 mile is 18 seconds. Without power-shift and without spinning the tires. I look forward to hear of the 04 'other hybrid' 1/4 mile time.

P.S. There was a little "squirk" shifting from 1 to 2.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Just this evening, I was being tailed by someone that just purchased a Prius. No doubt they saw on the back of my car:

http://www.insightcentral.net

Just in case she is reading this: I'll take being tailed by a Prius any day over the boys that feel they must blast by me, but need a 5-liter engine to do it :twisted:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Yves M. said:
And the Insight 1/4 mile is 18 seconds. Without power-shift and without spinning the tires. I look forward to hear of the 04 'other hybrid' 1/4 mile time.
P.S. There was a little "squirk" shifting from 1 to 2.
Hmm...I run consistant 17.5-17.8. The major problem I have is with wheel spin in the 1st 60 feet. Dropping the tire pressures to 15 PSI or so helps a lot, and so does a modest burnout. Sill, it's an issue with the immediate torque...And I'm not sure how eager I am try try slicks on those axels...

G

·
0 Posts
Delta Flyer said:
Just in case she is reading this: I'll take being tailed by a Prius any day over the boys that feel they must blast by me, but need a 5-liter engine to do it :twisted:
Hi Delta Flyer:

___As Spanky used to say in the “Our Gang” TV series … “And how”. Or was that Alfalfa ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:2i3o8hm0][email protected][/email:2i3o8hm0]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts