Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two months ago after getting my old 19 year old re92s replaced with federal 657's my speedometer stopped working I have a p0500 and p1791 I've tried searching the forum but nothing this far has helped me. Speedometer stopped working right after my tires were changed. I can't the shop but they said nothing they did would affect it. Anything else I can check?

·
Super Moderator
7,917 Posts
Have a look at these two pages for P0500 and P1791:

Here's an interest thread which popped up when I searched a bit:

You say it quit "after" getting tires changed. Did it work immediately you drove it away from the tire shop?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have a look at these two pages for P0500 and P1791:

You say it quit "after" getting tires changed. Did it work immediately you drove it away from the tire shop?
Worked fine before tires were change. I was sort of in robot mode after not looking at the speed until I got on a freeway about a minute later. I took out the speed sensor and it looks fine, perhaps it actually does need replacement and it's just a coincidence?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Do you have a scan tool that shows live data? If so, monitor the speed reading on the tool. If it's OK than there is a problem with the cluster. If not, the sensor or wires.

·
Super Moderator
532 Posts
Speed Sensors dont fail much unless there knocked and hit most time. Did you install bigger tires. I would have to say the tire shop messed them up.
My brain hurts just reading this. You are saying they don't fail much buy you still wan't to blame the tire shop? Changing the tires would have no causal or corollary effect on a speed sensor in the transmission failing.

At any rate, is your car a CVT Neko?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My brain hurts just reading this. You are saying they don't fail much buy you still wan't to blame the tire shop? Changing the tires would have no causal or corollary effect on a speed sensor in the transmission failing.

At any rate, is your car a CVT Neko?
Yes cvt. I am going to a junk yard tomorrow morning will update the thread.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fixed, I think it was a something wrong in my IMA bypass. I put a stock one in and it started to work. Does anyone know if the mcm has anything to do with the speedometer?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts