Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, yesterday I finally had to do a brake job on my 02 at just a hair over 35K miles. The pads were just about down to their wear indicators and the rotors had some warping going on, nothing too bad though. Amazingly I found a great source of cheap rotors... BAP. They were $11.05 each, and they were able to deliver them in about 20 minutes. I already had a set of Honda pads. So far no squealing or anything you sometimes get from using cheap aftermarket parts!

BTW, the rears have hardly been touched.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They don't do online sales that I'm aware of, but here's their web site:

http://www.bapimportparts.com/

I think they also have aftermarket pads available. I think we determined we have the same brake stuff as a CRX right?

As far as getting "only" 35K consider I do most of my driving in the city, get cut off occasionally resulting in full ABS stopping. I would imagine if I were doing a lot of long distance trips they would have lasted many more miles. I probably could have ran them longer if I needed to. In the center of the pad there's a groove, I was down to about a milimeter from that.

All things considered I'm tickled pink they lasted that long. My previous vehicle, a 95 Tahoe literally needed a brake job twice a year, both front and rear. Those had serious issues with brake wear, and I was maybe putting 10K on it a year.

Resist, I had the same thing happen with my first set of tires. I had plenty of center tread left, but it was almost to the wear indicators on the outside and the sidewalls were cracked decently. I replaced the tires at 27K on mine. Of course Phoenix summers tend to dry out and crack pretty much anything left outside anyways.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.