·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$99 Kenwood KDC-MP205 at Best Buy

free install

$24 for harness & "shop supplies"
$14 extended 4 year warranty

I previously had replaced the door speakers (Eclipse) and installed rear speakers (Pioneeer).

Sounds pretty good - I don't need earth shaking bass but this setup can still rattle the mirrors.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had actually found a better stereo that accepted SD cards and read mp3s off of them.

http://walmart.scosche-cars.com/product ... ID=4744710

Only $80 and you won't need those scratched-up CDs, accepts 2GB SD cards, which are about $15 at NewEgg... once I get my Insight, I'll definitely look into getting this, I have a friend who purchased one for his Nissan Altima and it's awesome.

Definitely going to install some new speakers as well too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, I'll see what I can do on getting a warranty for it and a free install, though being able to use an SD card rather than CDs or an mp3 player with limited battery life... it is quite a convenience.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
The link just takes me to a generic WalMart page...

I would be interested in something of the sort, since I don't like carrying CDs around in the car where they can get scratched. The sorts of audio I like aren't all that easy to come by, so having to replace things can be a pain, as is making duplicate CDs.

I'm a bit dubious about the MP3 format, though. I'd understood that to be a lossy compression, so sound quality is less than the original CD. If anyone has suggestions for better quality in some sort of car player, I'd appreciate them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts