Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
New to the board, and unable to find a dealer with a Honda Insight in the Province of Ontario ( So one dealer said! ) I wonder how I can find one to see if it would fit my 6'3", ~220 Lbs Slim Chassis, or If I would be OK in it? Anyone got any ideas??

Love the MIMA info! Used to fit in an '83 RX-7 better by using cruise and tucking my feet up under the pedals when highway cruising! Would I need to do the same in an Insight?

Robert

·
Registered
33 Posts
I used to have an '81 RX-7 and I find there is a good two or three inches more leg room in the Insight.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Hi wannab and welcome to the forum :!: :)

An unhappy incident happened to a fellow Canadian to your west when trying to import from the US. And by his information no new are going to be available in Canada. :( Perhaps you'd be interested in confirming this for the group :?:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=3687

If so then finding a used Canadian Insight is probably going to be a bit tough and you'll have to keep on the lookout for quite a while. :(

HTH! :)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
There are a disturbing amount of Insight owners who are/were RX-7 owners...

Anyway, I have promised some people here that I would make a trip to Westgate Honda in London to get details on some cheap 2002 Insights Honda says they are desperate to sell. My schedule over the past few weeks has been so random that I have not been able to get down there. I'll hopefully be able to get there early this week, so I will get the details. There certainly are Insights available, but the dealers have to clue or don't want to help.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I live in Toronto,
Send me a PM and we can meet up so you can sit in my Insight.
G

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I just did a search and there are 2 used Honda Insights for sale in Toronto right now.

http://www.trader.ca/

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Insight Prices - Used - Toronto - Today

Thanks for the tip Guillermo!

A 2000 model - Red - ~79,000 KM Asking (Private Sale) $9,900.00
A 2002 model - Blue - ~81,500 KM - Asking (Dealer) $15,900.00

Now - about Value - Any tips as to which would be the better buy?

Robert

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
The cheaper one is a better buy.
Can't go wrong saving $5,000!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Definitely go with the 2000, fewer miles and less $$$!?! No question!

I'm 6'0" and I can roll the seat so far back in the insight that I can't even touch the pedals! I would presume it will fit you better than the RX-7 by a fairly good maragin!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Westgate Honda - Insights?

Aaron Cake said:
...Anyway, I have promised some people here that I would make a trip to Westgate Honda in London to get details on some cheap 2002 Insights Honda says they are desperate to sell. My schedule over the past few weeks has been so random that I have not been able to get down there. I'll hopefully be able to get there early this week, so I will get the details. There certainly are Insights available, but the dealers have to clue or don't want to help.
Arron - here is the Dealers Answer / My email:
Subject: Re: A request for information from Robert Weekley
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:15:44 -0500
HI SORRY I HAVE NO INSIGHTS THANKS WESTGATE HONDA
I was told a couple days ago that you may have some 2002 Honda Insights available for sale. Is this true? - I don't see any on your webs used car list! Please Advise!

So - It seems like the London Insights don't exist (at the dealer) now! :?

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you are looking to see if you can just fit in one, I would be willing to meet you and you can take a look at mine, I live in the brampton/georgetown area

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
You're assuming that a Honda dealer would actually care. :) That is likely false.

I went into Westgate personally this time last week and spole with two salespeople who said they will "make some calls". I have not heard back yet. I will stop in sometime this week for a follow up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
tall people in Insight

I'm 6'3 with disproportionately long legs and my '01 Insight suits me as well as any car - so you're in the ballpark and definitely should find one to try - you'll likely be surprised at the space. The back support is a little lacking for taller people so I stop to run a few laps around the car every hour or so on long trips.

Sorry to hear it's difficult to find one in Toronto - hopefully it's just an end-of season thing and they're all sold out?

Good luck shopping. If your experience is anything like mine be ready with your checkbook after your first test drive b/c you'll want to drive it home then and there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts