Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
I'm installing the Fine Lines CBK0101SS brake line kit in my 2000 Gen 1.
Unfortunately, the HFB0011SS sub-kit for the left front line came poorly packaged - no plastic bag, no tag at where to remove the shipping bend(s), no protective sleeves for the fittings, and no union to join the two sections replacing the OEM one-piece line.
Biggest problem is that the longer of the two sections was really bent back on itself, and the shorter section also bent.
Without going too far bending things around, can someone advise if this two-piece replacement takes the same lower routing as the OEM, or does it fit higher up the firewall nearer the transverse harness, beneath the aluminum tie bar?
No instructions included, not that i was expecting them.
Thanks,
George
Vermont

·
Registered
497 Posts
Sounds like they might have shipped you a customer return. Unacceptable. It takes the same routing as the stock line, down low on the firewall.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just received my package from Fine Lines. I got the complete brake line kit. I have not unpackaged yet but I am exited to replace my old rusty lines.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Anyone got an level of documentation, pics, etc, that would clarify the new routing for the rear? I wish they had created 2 possible kits, with one that replicates the factory for the person pulling the tank. And the current one for those that don't. Regardless, with the current kit, they need to provide some pics, post a page on their site, or something to clarify how the OEM routings are changed. This includes the fuel line kits too.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I totally agree. I got these last year and my car is still up on the ramps with the lines finally removed but realizing that I am not willing (nor probably able) to do without taking tank and related items down (evap system). Have you already done this and if so did you take pics or have any valuable information to share?
Thanks

·
Registered
250 Posts
I won't be posting pics until they edit the site so posts can be edited for a much longer period.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Did you finish the job? I don’t really need to see pics, I just need to know (you probably did have to) if you dropped the tank and evap system to install. What if any things do I need to look out for when I am doing it because I’m going to finish this Sunday.
Did the lines fit in to the holder behind the tank?
Once you had the lines off, how long did it take to install?

I’m looking at them, they don’t make sense to me. Just a jigsaw puzzle and I know what sides they are “supposed” to go on.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Are you doing fuel lines or brake lines? I did finish my install on both fuel and brake lines. I did drop the tank as I wasn't sure how either set of lines were supposed to go. I think you could do it by simply dropping the EVAP setup out of the way. The line for the drivers rear follows nearly identical to the pass side line past the shock, nearly to where the pass side line attaches. Then there is a section that has a hook (180) on the end. It attaches and you go cross car from near the pass side line attachment to the drivers side line. I drilled holes in the floor (which would come up nearing the battery compartment) to add additional plastic clips (the yellow brake line clips). I'd have to look up the P/N. I used some silicone around the holes before I installed the clips to keep water out.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks for the details. I was put off that my fuel lines are a bit rusty as well. Guess I will assess the situation further this weekend. Thanks for the update. That helps. I think I can leave my tank hanging as it is then. I didn’t know if the extra fuel stuff would be another can of worms as the other stuff has been.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Next time I have to do this I’m definitely rerouting lines. Rusty bolts so rusty that heads look like goombas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts