Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

___I just got off the phone with Billy and he told me Cynthia received her first 100 mpg round trip back and forth to work segment in her Insight 5-speed today. Boy was I excited and asked that she immediately send me a pic so I could post it. Not only did she crush the EPA in Gary G’s FEH while at Sebring last month, now she is the first female to breach the 100 mpg barrier in a mass produced automobile that I know of?

___Cynthia, congrats and I was sure excited hearing about your drive today!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Whoa careful Wayne, don't go putting any gas liberation paradigm shifting ideas into impressionable minds! ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Talk about women drivers ;)
Us guys may feel a real challenge here!
I will have to start carrying a camera in my car to capture my mileage successes...but I have the feeling it will be a long time (if ever) that I come even close to matching Cynthia's achievement.
Congratulations!!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Very impressive milleage, at what travel speed travel do obtain such phenomenal figures.
I did once register 2.4L/100km at 75/80 km/hr wich is 98 mpg at 45/80 mph.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Normand:

___The following is what Cynthia sent me:
Cynthia said:
This represents my daily round trip commute including rush hour traffic, several stop lights and railroad crossings as well as two bridges. The terrain is generally flat with a couple of up and down grades. Speeds averaged between 38 and 47 mph with, of course, slowing to a stop a few times as mentioned above. Intake air temperature was between 105 f and 122 f.
___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does she have a sore ankle?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Congradulations Chica! 8)

·
Registered
804 Posts
I'm impressed to put it mildly.

Back in 2000, I was gettting low 50s, and have steadily improved my driving to as high as mid 70s on mpg.

My best ever morning commute (which has more highway driving than Cynthia) was 95.5mpg.

Anything over 85mpg on a 5-speed Insight is hard to do on level ground.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts