Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my Insight Thursday and so far, have 3 round trip commutes to work. My commute is 63 miles each way and it's about 1/3 rural state roads, 1/3 interstate highway and 1/3 urban surface roads, and each commute has gotten progressively better as I (re)learn how to drive :D

Day 1: 47.7mg - Day 2: 48.2mpg -Day 3: 49.8mpg (as indicated)

Those numbers are on my commute TO work. My drive home was about 3 mpg less...don't really know why. Living in FL I can't really assume its elevation change, but could be I guess.

·
Premium Member
9,866 Posts
well...........Most Insight owners will get better mileage driving south vs. north, and east, vs. west. It's a down hill thing. I'll let you figure that one out.
(My opinion and experience)
Willie

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well...........Most Insight owners will get better mileage driving south vs. north, and east, vs. west. It's a down hill thing. I'll let you figure that one out.
(My opinion and experience)
Willie
Well, my commute to work IS mostly south, but here in FL the St. Johns River flows south to north. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Living in FL I can't really assume its elevation change, but could be I guess.
Download My Tracks for your 3/4G smart phone and do the trip and then take a look at the elevation gain and chart. Very cool to do anyway.

I live near Chicago and it's mostly flat, but I have come to hate the small hills because of the mpg hit. But I've had mine since June and it's a blast to drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts