Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, someone backed into my baby while it was parked at a family member's home on the street tonight......not a very good Christmas present. Luckily they rang the doorbell and "fessed up." The driver's side is going to take some work; I'll have to take it to the body shop this week. Should I take it to the Honda dealership in order to match up the paint, etc? It is drivable, but not the cute, unblemished little thing that is was a few hours ago. At least they called their insurance company and have planned to pay for it. Luckly, my family member friend is a lawyer, and his neighbor (the one who hit it) seemed to be a responsible sort.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hey, things happen. Insurance exists, your dealer's nearby, they'll fix it, the paint'll match, and in a few weeks, it'll just be another Christmas anecdote for you. No one got hurt, and your baby'll be back to normal in no time. ;)

Yes, take it to the dealership, and relax, these things happen to everyone. And... Happy New year! :D

·
Registered
702 Posts
sounds like, for the situation, things couldn't go better for ya...no one got hurt, its going to get paid for by someone else's insurance, and you've got a lawyer in the family incase things get messy :lol:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
In these situations (I've had several with various cars) I try to think about racing cars and the wounds they suffer in competition. If you've seen a picture of a Le Mans car after 24 hours, for example, the paint is all worn off the front (from bug collisions), half the bodywork is held on with duct tape, there are broken parts and scrapes all over...

·
Registered
230 Posts
yep, had someone tag my car in a best buy parking lot even tho I parked on an end spot, and left without saying anything or leaving a note. luckily they hit the rear wheel cover which flexed enuff just to leave a scuff mark on it which I buffed out.

I've started flipping carts over in the spot next to me to prevent this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Dougie said:
In these situations (I've had several with various cars) I try to think about racing cars and the wounds they suffer in competition. If you've seen a picture of a Le Mans car after 24 hours, for example, the paint is all worn off the front (from bug collisions), half the bodywork is held on with duct tape, there are broken parts and scrapes all over...
Visiting car museums, I've often thought that it would be great to display a race car in exactly that post-race condition, dinged, bugs and dirt still on it, perhaps with trophy resting on it. That would be a very vivid way to show what racing is about.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bagwell, I like your solution to the parking "door bashers" and I will try it next time I park in a risky spot (supermarket)!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
baby blue heading for repair

I only have $850 in damages, and I've already been contacted by the insurance company. Thank goodness there are some honest people in the world who will actually be accountable for mishaps. I'll have a loaner car for a few days; guess I'll be burning more gas for a few days :lol:

·
Registered
330 Posts
When they do the paintwork, make sure they DON'T BAKE the IMA battery :shock: :!: !!!!!!!!!!!! There is a warning sticker concerning this topic in the doorframe of Insights :!: !!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sounds serious!

Wow. That sounds serious. Can it really damage the battery? I'm having the Honda place do the body work so hopefully they'll know this, but since there are very few insights (maybe 3) in my city, I'd better point this out to them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts