Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a member here since 2003 and have found answers to many questions here. I can't find any place online that supplies performance parts. (ie. Sway Bar, Strut Bar, Shocks & Struts, etc..)

I know I'm looking for a needle in a haystack because it's the 1st gen Insight and not the 2nd Gen but are there any, USA or world wide, sites and/or companies that make some BASIC performance parts.

Thanks,

Chrispy

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have Ground Control lowering springs/sleeves on my Insight. I also have a thread on here about them.

There's one basic performance part...

KN also makes a drop in filter for our cars...

·
Registered
99 Posts
if you drive it off a cliff, I heard that it dramatically shortens the 0-60 time. :D

I would be happy with OEM floor mats let alone High Performance stuff.

Most people want to take stuff OFF of their cars to lighten them up.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
manufacturers wont make performance parts for a car of such low production, and that even a car whose owners (in the majority) dont care about high performance because they are so satisfied with the mpg.

but high performance parts have so far only been custom made by owners. Things like turbo kits, exhausts, intake mods, springs, coilovers, shocks have been custom adapted to this car.

But if you change your thinking about performance in a way that doesnt involve the engine, then when it comes to IMA performance parts, there is the MIMA to give you full control of the IMA, parallel & lithium battery packs to give you more range. A mod to make the IMA put out more power has been done too.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I don't consider ricer suspension gear like a strut tower bar to be a genuine performance part.
I think the real performance parts have to be retrofitted and custom-made. For example, the Daewoo Matiz spring upgrade for the rear end, or the Monroe 5752 shock absorbers; the Bumblebee battery and MIMA for more electric performance; there are some people who have turbocharged their cars and others who have installed new motors entirely.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
...I think the real performance parts have to be retrofitted and custom-made. For example, the Daewoo Matiz spring upgrade for the rear end, or the Monroe 5752 shock absorbers....
I tried the Monroe 5752 shocks on the rear and they're definitely not an upgrade, BTW... Maybe as good as stock. I tried them with stiffer springs and the stocks worked better, so maybe they're not even as good as stock (I tried 5752s with stock springs as well)...

I just got back from a road trip with lots of winding mountain roads and the stock suspension leaves much to be desired, even with my stiffer rear springs (~150 lbs vs. stock ~100)... OP seems to be asking about suspension upgrades. I wish there were some options.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate all the responses. I probably could have been more specific as to why I was looking. I have been involved in many different types of racing, in one form or another, over the last 25 years. I wanted to get back into doing some Auto-Cross, road course, and knew at some point, since being a member of Insightcentral.net, I had seen some Mods to help with suspension, etc..

I guess I need to be a little creative with my search here & on the net.

Again I appreciate the feedback & part numbers & specifics.

Thanks,
Chrispy

2002 Honda Insight 5-Speed with LMPG @54.3mpg.
77,800 miles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts