Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Went for a Test Drive 2019 Insight

So I took a 2019 Insight for a very short test drive yesterday.

1 Steering wheel is too busy and blocks the dash view.
2 Release for tilt wheel difficult to locate.
3 Gutless

We could locate the tilt release after the drive. I don't view it as a big problem, since with one driver, I rarely make an adjustment.
However.... It still is hard to see the speedometer. I am 5'9".

My 2006 HCH is running on nearly dead hybrid batteries.
The 2019 Insight seemed to have less power on a hill than the older Civic Hybrid with no IMA assist. Possibly there was something wrong with this new near 0 mile Insight?

What have your experiences been?

·
3,641 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm loving mine... even my wife likes it and she's super picky. She hated my 2012 Honda Fit (although I liked it).

And it still fits in our small garage. Not as well as the Honda Fit.... but good enough. Everything is bigger in Texas except for garages in newer houses.

Oh, I'm 5'9" too and have no problem seeing the dash and speedometer.... you know you can raise and lower the driver side seat too, right? That might help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
After searching for a Hybrid Accord I decided on the 2019 Insight EX. I was willing to trade a roomier interior for better gas mileage and better looks. So far I'm really loving it. I bought it in Texas and drove it back to New Orleans a couple of weeks ago. I'm 5'11 and can see everything well while driving. The steering column adjustment is a little far back but I'll rarely if ever need it. My other ride is a highly modified Corvette. That's why I bought a fuel efficient "gutless" hybrid. 🙂

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thirding (fourthing?) that the steering tilt adjust is hard to locate. I'm 5'11" and was frustrated for a bit with my EX during the test drive until I changed the seat height and steering wheel angle. It's fine now. I still can't get the seat to quite where I'm used to, but I wasn't willing to spend an extra $4k for the power seat on the Touring.
The 2019 Insight seemed to have less power on a hill than the older Civic Hybrid with no IMA assist. Possibly there was something wrong with this new near 0 mile Insight?

It's definitely pokey going uphill from a dead stop, even in Sport mode. Most of my driving is in relatively flat areas so it hasn't been a major concern, but if I were in a place with substantial hilly driving it might have been enough to push me towards an Accord.

So far I'm loving the car. Went from a beastly 2014 Nissan Pathfinder (19MPG highway) to this sleek little number. Averaging 54MPG by my own calculations but the car dash is reporting 53. Haven't had any problems so far, but I do miss power seat adjustment--I'm a little bitter that Honda decided to tie that in with the highest trim, since I wasn't really interested in the other features.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts