Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Interesting double-exposure shot of the three Honda hybrid vehicles side-by-side. Notice how much more Big Orange Cabling is visible as you move from 1st gen. (Insight) to 2nd (Civic) to 3rd (Accord).

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanx, Honda for NOT exporting the car to Europe :roll:
It won't come, simply due to the reason that the Euro-Accord is based on some Acura and a homologation just for this one model would be quite expensive.
Hondas policy sucks:

Hybrids for the States and Japan
Diesel for Europe :evil:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well, I question how well the hybrids would do in Europe... it is a diesel-prefered market afterall. Perhaps if there really is a demand for it, they'd bring them there, eventually...

[shrug]

Charles

·
Registered
34 Posts
Heh 166, I will buy one and we can figure out a creative lease plan for shipping it to you, and you can claim to be a american student. Your english is sure good enough! I have seen guys driving euro cars here under that pretense, foriegn plates. Joking aside, thanks for showing us around Germany.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Any time, speed. Was a pleasure........
Thanks for the lease-plan but the Accord is a bit too big for me.

Have fun in Oshkosh btw :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Spoke to a Honda salesman today who has deposits on three Accord hybrids already and he doesn't have any brochures or solid info yet. I don't think they will be sitting around on the lot for long!

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Resist said:
What double exposure? There is no double exposure.
Fine... interesting shot with the apparently see-through hoods. I assumed they did it with a double exposure but they could have done it a number of ways.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Actually those are the production hoods. Honda decided to show off the engine py putting a big old chunk of plexiglass in there. Not one bit of photoshopping at all. They're supposed to put them in all their models from now on.
Kind of the same idea as putting a window in the side of your computer.

:p

If you believed any of tghat, you need your head examined. That or you need to sign my expense reports.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
As a tech I think a Lexan cover on the IMA battery system would be cool. It would also be heavy and scratch easily and act like a greenhouse. It would also probably scare most people off rather than attract them.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Obviously they imposed a shot of the engines on those pictures with Photoshop. Who does double exposures anymore in advertising?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I stopped by the Honda dealer today. When I asked about the new Accord the salesperson told me that Bay Area salespeople were going to go get educated about the new line in mid-August and deliveries should start in mid-September.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts