Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
After reading the archives of this forum for about a week as well as the other parts of this site, I am now the owner of 2000 Honda Insight with a manual transmission. I was very fortunate to find a very good deal on a pristine Insight with only 23,500 miles on it. I flew about 1000 miles on Monday to pick it up and drove it back to Wilton, IA where I live. I averaged 70.7 mpg for the trip. Not too bad, but if I had known in the first half of the trip, what I discovered in the second half, my mileage would have been much better.
Of course, now I'm driving it back and forth to work each day (12 mile commute) and I'm struggling to keep my personal LMPG from dropping. I know that city numbers will be lower, and I might have to be willing to accept a drop in my mpg, but I won't be accepting that drop with open arms.
Anyway, thanks for the website and the wealth of information present here. I would be a lot farther behind in learning about my new car if it weren't for this site.

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Congratulations and welcome, Bryan! This is a great site, avail yourself of the Search function and rely on the expertise found in this forum, and it won't be long before everything Insight becomes second nature to you. There's a lot of good people here who are eager to help you. :D

And kudos on finding what must be one of the lowest-miles-driven-per-year Insights on the planet, I hope you also bought a lottery ticket, you're one lucky lucky guy! ;)

Happy Insighting... 8)

·
Registered
702 Posts
congrats and welcome

this place is full of great info :D

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
boogetyboogety said:
And kudos on finding what must be one of the lowest-miles-driven-per-year Insights on the planet, I hope you also bought a lottery ticket, you're one lucky lucky guy! ;)
Well, not as lucky as the guy who, last week, out-bid me for a 2000 silver MT Insight with only 15000 miles! And that one, unfortunately for me, was only 82 miles from where I live! No problem, I suppose. I bought this one for $4000 less than what that fellow paid for the other one.

Speaking of where I live, how do specify my location in my profile? I believe there is supposed to be a location field in my profile settings, but I don't have one.

Thanks everybody for the welcome!
-Bryan

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
a 2000 silver MT Insight with only 15000 miles!
:shock:

Click on Profile, and under Registration Information, there is a section for Profile Information. set your Preferences below that, then choose your Avatar, and click Submit, you're good to go! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
bryankwalton said:

Speaking of where I live, how do specify my location in my profile? I believe there is supposed to be a location field in my profile settings, but I don't have one.

Thanks everybody for the welcome!
-Bryan
I had the same question when I first joined. I believe it kicks in after 3-5 posts. Then I think 10 posts gets you your signature.

That's the way it seemed to progress for me.

I could be entirely wrong and it could be time related. Maybe a mod can clarify.

·
Registered
171 Posts
bryankwalton said:
boogetyboogety said:
2000 silver MT Insight with only 15000 miles!
Dang! And I thought my '00 had low miles. Any idea why these people weren't driving their Insights?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Congrats on the new car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts