Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my new Insight on my first road trip. I went 425 miles and averaged 61.1 MPGs. I had a passenger and a full load of luggage and ran the air conditioning the entire trip. The temps were 90 plus and traffic at the beach was rough. I was pleased with my gas mileage with the above factors.

On a different note, after 5 years of driving a red sports car and not getting a speeding ticket I got a speeding ticket on the way home!! I had no idea that I was speeding; the little thing just got away from me I guess....... 8)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I took my Insight to the Outer Banks recently (our 1st road trip together as well :D ). I was amazed at all the attention my little car got out there. No one here in Raleigh pays much mind to it. I have had a few questions here and there but nothing like what we received out in Duck and Nags Head and Kill Devil Hills, NC. I would come out from shopping and find people clustered all around the car pointing and talking. I felt like a celebrity. Either that or the car is one!!!! I did end up talking to some of these people and I enjoyed that part. I was wishing I had printed some of those Insight ambassador cards from this site and left them under my windshield wipers.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Second road trip for me. (First was last year to the Tour de Sol.) Tomorrow I'll be at Hybridfest.

I'm currently staying with friends in the Mineapolis area having travelled 1150 miles in two days from Ontario. This is the first time travelling with a GPS. Man I'm impressed! Navigating through Detroit, then Chicago in rush hour would have been disasterous without it.

I was pushing hard to cover 730 miles yesterday and my mileage dropped from 75MPG to 74 MPG. :badgrin: Beating EPA ratings with a warm engine that's broken in was not that difficult. (AC on max 25% of the time, tires at 50 PSI, improved aero cover under the engine, fresh 0W30 synthetic oil, pit stop every 250 miles) :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts