Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So work has me going from Chicago to Springfield twice a day for the next three days. Quite the workout for Blue. I'm estimating about 1080 miles total. If anyone's interested, I'll post my results.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Hi, there is always someone interested somewhere. I bet you were surprised how the seats were comfortable for prolongated driving times.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Ext1jdh:

___I keep looking for ya but you are no where to be found ;) I hope to see you out on I294/I55 soon.

___I am easy to spot of course given the Red Insight in the far right lane.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:w8dg21d3][email protected][/email:w8dg21d3]

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
xcel, Think I saw you a few weeks ago on route 59. couldnt tell if it was you but definitely a red one

Yves, You aint kidding. The seats werent too bad but they definitley lend themselves to sleepdriving. Not good. I was praying for a cruise control after the 2nd hour.

I'l get the details up later today.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
841 total miles with an average MPG of 69.0. Raised my LMPG to 55.4 :)
Would have been higher but one trip back had a guy following me and he wanted to go a bit faster than 55mph. I stuck between 55 and 65 the whole way.
First tank was Shell V-Power, that high grade stuff they're touting all over TV. Second tank was BP low grade, which is my normal fuel of choice.

Cant beat it when the company's paying for it all. You're gonna love this - I spent 40 bucks on gas and I'm getting reimbursed over 300. Cha-Ching!

On a side note the Shell performed excellently with great mileage and excellent power output. I wouldnt use it all the time but I was surprised by its performance.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Ext1jdh:

___You are getting better quickly … A tip you might consider when others are following a bit too close for comfort. Turn your emergency flashers on; slow down some with your right front tire on the white line in the far right lane. They will get the hint and go around without hassle.

___Don’t forget that a lmpg of 63 mpg in your 04 makes you a Hypermiler over at Greenhybrid.com ;) Keep track of your tank over tanks fuel and distance as well as any notes you might want to add when entering your tank over tank data in the Real Hybrid Mileage Database.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:1762kzlw][email protected][/email:1762kzlw]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts