Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
6,929 Posts
Excellent. It's nice to see lots of manufacturer's jumping on the bandwagon.

The end of the ICE is nigh. ;)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Awesome! Now my 2008 Fit can have some company!

I'm just hoping Honda can undercut the Nissan Leaf in prices then this EV Fit should sell like hotcakes.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Concerned about the Environment?

You can only lease it? $399 a month? Only 1100 to be made over 3 years? I've loved Hondas for as long as I can remember but this is a joke.

$36k for an electric Fit with an "average range" of 72 miles? No thank you, I'll get a diesel or a CNG vehicle instead for $10k less.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I understand why they're not planning to make more than 1100. I'm all in favor of electric cars, but not at this price. Standard gas Fit makes much more sense.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Yeah, that really doesn't make good financial sense unless you drive a hell of a lot. I guess you got the wow factor as its such a thrill to roll along not using any gas.

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

·
Registered
265 Posts
I love seeing more of the EVs hit the streets, hopefully the battery prices can drop to make these cars more affordable.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I wish battery technology was at the next level. Sigh..

·
Registered
312 Posts
This is why electric cars presently make no sense to me. An electric that goes 70 miles on a charge is like a car with a 2 gallon tank. This person would drive 70 miles per day to work, five days a week. On a normal ecomony car this would cost 10 gallons a week, at $4 per gallon, $40 per week or $2000 per year. Over a 5 year life, this would cost $10,000. But an electric car costs a lot more than $10,000 more than it's gasoline counterpart. And I did not include the cost of the elctricity, nor the cost of a battery, which could be toast after 5 years, nor the fact that the electric could not be used on any long trips. On the other hand, A five year old Fit, is still a great car that will last a long long time. I'll keep my gen I Insight, thank you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts