Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my car had a bad day today. It started off with filling up for $2.79/gal and ended with getting a 3 inch long dent/crease in my passenger door. (I paid $0.24 less per gallon last week and techincally the day has since ended with me breaking off one of the speaker wire connectors while checking the inside of the door panel.:cry:)

The crease looks the same as if you run your fingernail down the side of a soda can, just on a bigger scale. The culprit was most likely a plastic shopping cart as it is horizontal, didn't scratch the paint, and had some plastic left in the center.

Does anyone know if there's a way to fix a dent of this nature? Or at least make it less noticable (i.e. less of a crease)? Unfortunately it is located near the rear end of the door and with the inner panell off I can just feal the crease, but there wouldn't be much room to work with from the inside.

·
Registered
89 Posts
There are dent repair (fix-a-dent) shops around that specialize in paintless dent repair.

I recently had a Acura TL with three small dents worked on, with excellent results.

I would inform anyone that works on the crease that they are working with aluminum, just to be safe.

Regards,

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Deffinitely Dent Wizard or another paintless dent repair place/service.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I found a guy who does dent repairs for many of the local dealerships. He also does private work and had worked on aluminum before. He managed to take out the dent almost entirely, there are just a few slight distortions in the surface but you have to look for them. It cost $125 which seemed a bit high, but then again aluminum doesn't just pop back like other metals. At least now I don't have that burning hatred :evil: of shopping carts every time I look at the door (but I have gone back to parking further away from entrances and more towards the higher spots in parking lots.)

I completely forgot to take pictues of the dent before, may take one of the area now if anyone is interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts