Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As anyone had any experience fixing the side mirrors? My mirror is loose. When is try to adjust in just moves back and forth. While I am driving in just shakes and I can't see anything. The housing is fine. I have searched online for a diagram of the mirror with out much success. I am really hoping I can fix myself (snap back into place whatever is loose or super glue something) I don't want to pull in out too much and break it more. Any suggestions??

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
If the whole mirror assembly (outside shell included) is loose then it is
very easy to tighten. Just pry off the triangular plastic cover on the inside
of the car. There are three screws behind the cover that just may need
to be checked. If the problem is the mirror shaking and not the outer
shell then there may be a loose screw (or damaged bracket). I have not
taken this mirror apart completely yet so I can't really describe what to
check inside the mirror.

JoeCVT - Just your average CVT owner

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think I may know what you're trying to describe. That is, the assembly itself (housing, etc.) is tight, but the mirro glass is loose. If I'm correct, read on, other wise...well.

The glass can be loose in it's adjusting assy. All you have to do is CAREFULLY press it back into its mount, press it straight back, it should snapo into place and will stopp wiggling around.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Snapping in back helped some. I think the problem is the plastic on the back of the mirror cracked where in snaps into the adjusting assy. Hopefully I can replace just the mirror. I will figure that out later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts