Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking on how to fix my aux input on my radio, when I bought the 2010 car from a used dealer, the radio came with a broken headphone top and pretty much bent inside. Tried taking it out with super glue and a kabob stick. To no avail it failed, so I posted another time if I should just buy another radio and get it over with, but I sure enough took the radio apart...

I basically took out the aux input, took it apart with my soldering skills. Took apart the input itself from the assembly, fell apart in half....

Basically took out that meddling tip from inside and viola. Finally I can put my own aux cable, I was completely wrong after I put it together. The tip broke the pins on the inside cause it was bent, so the right side plays barely audible.

So where I'm getting to is, where can I buy just the aux input assembly itself? I called the dealer they don't sell the part by itself, so they wanted to charge me $800 just for the damn face. I flipped them off.

Should I go to the junk yard and get it from there?

And any suggestions on getting this fixed?

Also went to radio shack and their aux input was incompatible with the aux assembly.

Thanks in advanced to everyone.

Edit: it's a 2010 insight

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Oh man! Communication is not your forte' Or perhaps English is not your native tongue? You took the radio apart?
Is it the jack assembly you need? The part that is next to the power outlet?
That part seems to be about $65. ( or was it $68?) Anyway, that part is in the section called interior, passenger dash garnish. Of course, for some odd reason that part shows in the illustration but is missing from the list on my favorite Honda parts online sites.

I suggest you use the Google machine with a search: Honda parts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man! Communication is not your forte' Or perhaps English is not your native tongue? You took the radio apart?
Is it the jack assembly you need? The part that is next to the power outlet?
That part seems to be about $65. ( or was it $68?) Anyway, that part is in the section called interior, passenger dash garnish. Of course, for some odd reason that part shows in the illustration but is missing from the list on my favorite Honda parts online sites.

I suggest you use the Google machine with a search: Honda parts

Haha, English is my main language, just my grammar can be a little bad, and I like to fix stuff myself, and I will look for it on google, tried to find the number that was on the circuit board that was with the aux input. That did not work out very well, just showed me companies with patents.

Will update on what I will do, might go to the junkyard if I can't find anything int he interwebs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I found this; part number 39112TA0003, they're between $60 to $90 without shipping probably, and thats out of my range for a tiny part, i think my best bet would be to go to a junk yard.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Normally I do offer more help, but I too am a bit lost in some of your problems. :confused:

I do not know the main manufacture, but there is a device that plugs into the aux plug on back of the honda radio for the satellite or cd disk changer receiver plug that you can use for an audio in, android, apple or usb music input.

Some devices allow full intergation with the steering wheel controls, some require you to make a play list. If you have satellite radio you maybe able to get a Y adapter to plug both in, but only one will work at a time.

Plan B, buy a new radio as most come with a line in, usb plug for android/apple or usb thumb drive. Hell, some are blue tooth, so no wires at all. :evil:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
So it is the jack mounted to the dash you need? You still did not answer that clearly. I agree with Cobb that it might be better to find a sub input adapter anyway. Those of us with EX models probably use that exclusively with iPhones, iPods and android devices. I don't think I have ever had anything plugged into the AUX jack.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So it is the jack mounted to the dash you need? You still did not answer that clearly. I agree with Cobb that it might be better to find a sub input adapter anyway. Those of us with EX models probably use that exclusively with iPhones, iPods and android devices. I don't think I have ever had anything plugged into the AUX jack.

Yes the jack is what I need.

And Cobb I just might buy a new radio. I already found one that has the same functions plus a lot more for $140 free shipping and extras included at CrutchField.

So if I'm not able to find any at a junk yard I'll buy the radio.

Might go on Monday morning or Tuesday.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Since I do not have steering wheel controls I opt for a radio with a remote. This way I can work it single hand while keeping my eyes on the road.

Crutchfield is fair with their prices, they include adapters with most purchases and provide support afterwards. I just purchased 4 kicker speakers for my odyssey. They provided the speaker adapters to mount them, the plugs and I got a free kicker headphone too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2fYwPf4OQo

·
Registered
35 Posts
Photos?

Do you still have it apart for a photo? I'd like to rewire the aux jack into the glove box or the phone hole?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts